DVD Write Now 1.5.12 Service Pack 2.
- Fixed write mode autodetect for DVD ISO burning.
- documented ISO recording to Packet formatted disk without Erase.
Small update to New Year:
DVD Write Now 1.5.12 Service Pack 1.
- Fixed still some bugs in interaction between console and GUI formatters and disk monitoring tool.
Looks like now it works fine.
- reduced number of technical (and not necessary) requests to drive.
DVD Write Now 1.5.12.
- added compatibility with Instant Writer. This pretty software records a little buggy disk structures
(it sets Partition Number to 1, while other structures defines only partition 0).
- found still one buggy implementation of GET_EVENT command (in NEC drive).
And added workaround for this type of bug. The problem appeares when GET_EVENT randomly starts reporting "no media"
with inserted disk.
- fixed compatibility bug with FAT and CDFS (ISO9660) filesystems on formatted DVDs.
It is native behavior for FAT. For CDFS such recording method increase life time of disk since Erase cycle is not required
for data replacement. New image is recorded just over existing one.
- fixed bug with "partially erased" UDF disks. Nero doesn't erase UDF structures,
recorded at the very end of disk. DWN recognized such disks as UDF-formatted.
- fixed bug with multisession UDF disks support.
- added still one Nero compatibility option. Nero sets Soft Read Only attribute on disks, formatted with its formatter.
Probably, it is done to force incompatibility with other UDF implementations.
- fixed bug with system crash when some programms perfermed direct access to device.
- fixed several bugs in interaction between console and GUI formatters and disk monitoring tool.
- some updates in property sheet
Well, new version is here... Looks like it works. Looks like even fine.
DVD Write Now 1.5.11.
- officially adde Windows 2003 support :).
- fixed numerous bugs leading to blue screen. Interesting, mainly observed under 2003, though affected all
other systems too.
- fixed bug in recording ISO-images.
- fixed compatibility bugs with built-in UDF readers under Windows 2000, XP and 2003.
- fixed disk space allocation bugs, thouse caused data corruption and file overlapping.
- significantly improved caching and recording mechanism.
- fixed many bugs in eject handling.
- fixed bugs in interaction with system cache. These bugs caused multiple write requests of the same data
to the same parts of file.
- fixed random system hangs on media change.
- implemented on-the-fly verification of recorded data. This slows down recording, but guarantees
that you will be able to read exactly what had been recorded.
- improved performance of simultaneous access to disk from different applications. For example when you
write files to disk in one window and browse it in another.
- implemented autoformat option for newly inserted empty RW disks.
- added UDF-specific property sheet to device properties.
- GUI Formatting tool now allows you to specify File System version and surface check options.
Also, formatter can automatically determine all steps required for formatting disk with UDF File System (e.g.
erase, physical format)
- improved compatibility with different devices (mainly in DVD formatting).
- improved compatibility with CD/DVD recording applications.
- implemented full-functional support of remapping data from damaged parts of disk to reserved area (sparing area).
- improved write performance for some devices supporting streaming write.
- added possibility to handle disk-specific settings.
- updated File System check and repair tool.
After a half of year of silence and active bugfixing we are happy to say: New version is coming soon!
According to results of independent testing - now really works fine :)
Also, you will fine there some interesting features. For example - guaranted recording quality.
This means that if you didn't get error messages while writing files to disk - you will be able
to read everithing without errors and miss-reading.
DVD Write Now 1.5.10.
- fixed media change detection for drives those do not always report MediaChange event via GET_EVENT command :)
- found and fixed incompatibility issue with FileCopyEx. With previous
versions copying of large amount of data may cause "Insufficient Resources" error.
- repaired ISO-image recording functionality in console CD/DVD disk management utility DwConFmtUdf.exe
- fixed problem with falling into inoperable state (until system is rebooted) when formatting utility crashes
or is killed from Task Manager.
- added cache sync option to ShellExtension menu. It writes down to disk all unsaved (cached) data. Becomes
available when menu is invoked with Shift + Right click.
We have configured forum:
Separate file with updates to supported device list is added to
Step by step howto for manual deinstall of DVD Write Now is added to
Due to help with testing from Stanky we are publishing new version
DVD Write Now 1.5.9.
- fixed media change detection for drives those do not report MediaChange event via GET_EVENT command
and implemented autodetection for such drives,
- improved compatibility with CD/DVD-recorders those require implicit cache flush when switching from write
to read mode,
- fixed disk size detection via READ_TOC command for drives those do not report valid info in standard way,
- fixed bug in READ_TRACK_INFO command emulation on DVD drives those do not support it or report invalid size.
Published DVD Write Now 1.5.8 with
- 1Gb files bugfix,
- decreased timeout for automatic flush of not saved (cached) data,
- improved compatibility with CD/DVD-recording software using direct access to device (WinOnCd 3.7),
- improved compatibility with DVD-recorders,
- fixed several internal bugs.
The first public version of DVD Write Now 1.5.7 is published today.
At last we did it. Now along with own CD/DVD recording software we have own internet domain with own DNS servers and so on.
The 1st public version of this tool is coming soon. You shall obtain the ability of writing files directly and immediately
to your DVD or CD disk. And you can do it like with USB Flash or removable drive. No additional applications are required to
run and no temporary files are needed. And just for free.